Accessing GMC Online Student Resources – Frequently Asked Questions
All images will open to larger screenshots demonstrating each section.
What are the online resources available to me as a student?
- GMCOnline Portal - The GMCOnline portal, sometimes referred to as the "Student Portal" is the first website that a student should access. This website contains single sign-on access to all student services, links for helpful information, etc.
- Student Email - Student email services are provided by Microsoft Office 365. The student email system will grant you access to many services such as Email Services, Mobile Access, Calendar, and To Do Lists. All formal communication with your campus, faculty, and administrative staff must come from your official student email account.
- WebAdvisor - WebAdvisor is an integrated module of the GMCOnline Portal and is accessed from the front page of the portal. The WebAdvisor module extends student self-service abilities such as Online Registration, Online Payments, Online Account Balances, Online Financial Aid Information, Unofficial Transcripts, Final Grade Reports, Degree Planning, etc.
- Moodle: Moodle is the Learning Management System (LMS) that is used by GMC. Moodle is used to teach all online classes and hybrid classes. For traditional, campus-based classes, your faculty will use the Moodle LMS to place resources online such as lectures, powerpoints, etc. Faculty will also use Moodle to post your grades in the Moodle gradebook.
What is my Username, GMC Email address, and Password?
Your username is your first initial followed by your entire last name and your 4 digit birthdate in the format MMDD (everything in lower case letters)
- For example, if my name is Bobby Cox and my birthday is May 21, then my username is bcox0521 and my student email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When your account is first created, your initial password is the last seven digits of your Social Security Number. It is highly recommended that you change your password. When you change your password, it will be reset for all GMC online resources.
Important Note: Your Username, GMC Email address, and Password will be used to grant you access to all of your personal student resources. Please ensure that you remember your login information.
How do I access the GMCOnline portal?
The GMCOnline portal is accessed by going to http://www.gmconline.edu.
To login to the GMCOnline portal, please enter your complete student email address in the format email@example.com and your password. (If you have not changed your password, it will be the last seven digits of your social security number)
The first time you access the GMCOnline portal, it might take a few minutes to load all pieces as it is loading your setup for the first time.
How do I access my Student Email account?
To access your student email account, you must first access the GMCOnline portal at http://www.gmconline.edu. The GMCOnline portal will provide you with single sign-on access to your student email account.
The link to access the student email account is located at the top of the center column of the GMCOnline portal homepage. The link will say "You have X Unread Messages" where X is the number of emails in your account. Clicking this link will automatically load your student email account with single sign-on access.
To synch your student email account with a smart phone or other mobile device, follow these directions.
You can also access your student email by going directly to http://mail.office365.com.
How do I access Moodle?
To access Moodle, you must first access the GMCOnline portal at http://www.gmconline.edu. The GMCOnline portal will provide you with single sign-on access to your Moodle classes.
In the center column of the GMCOnline portal homepage, you will see a section labeled Datatel My Classes. Each course that you are registered for will show in this list. To access the course, please click on the link for the individual course.
The first time you attempt to access a course, the system will appear to give you an error message. The message will read:
"Login to Moodle failed. SSO credentials for user "your username" could not be found in the application "MoodleSSO" Enter your credentials.
The words "Enter your credentials" are a link. You need to click on the link and enter your moodle credentials for the first time into your portal. Where indicated you will enter:
- Your username (the first part of your email address up to the @ symbol). Please use the username in this field and NOT your student email address.
- Your current password. This will be the same password used to access the GMCOnline portal.
- Confirm your password.
Once this information is entered ONCE, you will not have to enter it again to have single click access to your classes.
You can also access your Moodle classes by going directly to www.mygmconlinecampus.net.
How do I access WebAdvisor?
To access WebAdvisor, you must first access the GMCOnline portal at http://www.gmconline.edu. The WebAdvisor self-service options are integrated into the GMCOnline portal and can be found at the lower right corner of the homepage. Each menu item is clickable and will expand to show links to the self-service options in each area.
1098-T Tax Forms
For troubleshooting tips on how to view your 1098-T Tax Forms please follow these 1098-T Instructions.
I still cannot login. How do I get assistance?
To receive the quickest assistance, please fill out this Student Help Request Form
You may also contact our Student Helpdesk.
Monday - Thursday 8AM to 5PM and Friday 8AM to 12PM
Call: (478) 387-4954.
If you are experiencing issues outside of the Student Helpdesk call times please fill out the Student Help Request Form
During certain times of the year, our Student Helpdesk will experience a high volume of calls. When prompted, please leave a voicemail message so that a representative can return your call and provide assistance.