Paul"Doc"Mills is in his fourth year as Head Athletic Trainer for Georgia Military College. Paul, and his lovley wife Edna, are originally from Kentucky where Paul recieved his first BS degree in Health and Physical Education from Union College. While attending Union College, Paul was a 4-year letterman in Football and earned Offensive MVP and All-Conference Honors. After earning a second BS degree in Athletic Training from Union College, Paul accepted a position here in Milledgeville at Oconee Regional Medical Center in the Sports Medicine Department. While at ORMC, Paul earned his Masters Degree in Health Education from Georgia College & State University. After 5 years at ORMC working with several local area high school athletic programs, Paul accepted a position with the GMC Bulldog Saff as the Head Athletic Trainer.
Paul is a member of various research groups and Committees, such as the "American College of Sports Medicine" and the "National Academy of Sports Medicine". He also serves on the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification as a Certified Examiner and Co-Chairs the Employment Enhancement Committee for the Georgia Athletic Trainers Association. Paul also serves as an Approved Clinical Instructor for Athletic Training Education students.
"As the Head Athletic Trainer at GMC, I have the opportunity to provide a service to some of the finest athletes in the country. This is clear and proven to all that see them perform. But what most spectators do not see, is the incredible character, fortitude and determination that these athletes must posses, in order to carry the distinction of a GMC athlete. It takes a very special kind of athlete to accept this challenge and I am proud to serve such a fine group of young men and women.”
- BS- Health & Physical Education (Union College, Barbourville, Ky)
- BS- Athletic Training (Union College, Barbourville, Ky)
- M.Ed- Health Education (GC & SU)
- ATC- National Certification- National Athletic Trainers Association Board Of Certification
- LAT- State Certification- Georgia Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification
- PES- Performance Enhancement Specialist- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- ACI- Approved Clinical Instructor- (CAAHEP) Commission for the Accreditation of Allied Healthcare Educational Programs…..CAAHEP is to Allied Healthcare programs, as SACS is to academic programs
- Certified Instructor- Certified Instructor for the American Red Cross
- Certified Instructor- Certified Instructor for the National Safety Council
- Professional Member
American College of Sports Medicine- The ACSM is the largest Sports Medicine Research organization in the world.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine- NASM is a corporate partner with the NATA
- National Athletic Trainers Association- NATA
- Georgia Athletic Trainers Association- GATA
- Southeastern Athletic Trainers Association- SEATA
Professional Service National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification- As a Certified Examiner- This distinction qualifies me to administer the NATA Board of Certification Exam to qualified applicants.
Chairman of the Employment Enhancement Committee for the Georgia Athletic Trainers Association- This committee serves the membership of the GATA to help promote quality assurance and insure the validity of each employment venue. This committee addresses the growing nature of employment options for ATC’s and develops policy, protocol and standards for professional development.
"What is so very important....is not how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get back up!"
Paul M. Mills
Head Athletic Trainer
Sports Medicine Dept.