Setup Student Email on Smartphone
How to set up GMC Student Email on iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, etc.)
- If this is the first e-mail account on this iPhone, iPad, or iTouch, tap Mail. Otherwise, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Tap in the E-mail box and enter your full e-mail address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap in the Username box and enter your full e-mail address again.
- Tap in the Password box and enter your password.
- Optionally, tap in the Description box and enter a short description for the account.
- Tap Next on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap in the Server box and enter outlook.office365.com and then tap Next.
- Tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize. By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are all turned on. To turn off synchronization for a type of information, tap and slide the switch to OFF.
- Tap Save.
- If you're prompted to create a new passcode, tap Continue and enter a numeric passcode. You'll need to enter the passcode twice.
How to Set Up GMC Student Email on an Android mobile phone
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- DomainUsername - Type your full email address in this box. If Domain and Username are separate text boxes in your version of Android, leave the Domain box empty and type your full email address in the Username box.
- Password - Use the password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server - Use the address of your Exchange server. The address is outlook.office365.com
- As soon as your phone verifies the server settings, the Account Options screen displays. The options available depend on the version of Android on your device.
- Select Next and then type a name for this account and the name you want displayed when you send email to others. Select Done to complete the email setup and start using your account.
How to set up GMC Student Email on a Windows Phone
- On Start, flick left to the App list, tap Settings, and then tap Email + accounts.
- Tap Add an account , then Outlook.
- Tap the Email address box, and then type your full email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tap the Password box, and then type your password.
- Tap Sign in. If the phone finds your account settings, your email, calendar, and contacts will be synced to your phone, and you can skip to Step 8. If not, continue to the next step.
On the Outlook screen, do the following:
- Email address - Verify that your email address appears correctly.
- Password - Tap Show Password, and then verify that the password is correct.
- User name - Verify that the user name is correct. For example, if your student email account is on Microsoft Exchange Server and your email address is email@example.com, you would type jdoe1111 for the user name.
- Domain If you’re using an Outlook Web App account hosted by Microsoft Exchange, you typically don’t have a domain. Leave the Domain box empty
- Tap Sign in if everything looks correct.
If the correct settings can't be found, tap Advanced, do the following:
- Tap the Server box, and enter the server address as outlook.office365.com
- Tap Show all settings, and then verify that the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection setting is correct. If you're not sure, ask your system administrator.
- Tap Sign in.
- If the New password needed message appears after a few moments, tap Set, tap the New password box and enter a password that meets the security requirements. Tap the Confirm password box and type the same password, and then tap Done.