Applicants whose native language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency as evidenced through the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL):
- A minimum score of 460 (paper-based test), 140 (computer-based test) or 48 (Internet-based test) is required for admission.
- Those students whose official TOEFL score is between 460-499 (paper-based test), 140-173 (computer-based test), or 48-61 (Internet-based test) will be required to enter the Learning Support Services English and Reading Programs.
- Those students scoring 500 (paper-based test), 173 (computer-based test), or 61 (internet-based test) or above will be allowed to enroll in standard college-level courses provided the student has passed the English and Reading placement test administered to all incoming students.
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language may be waived if students have completed English Composition at a regionally accredited college or university within the United States and earned a grade of "C" or better.
- International students are subject to the COMPASS Placement Examination criteria.
- All applicants who need to obtain a student (F-1) visa to study in the United States must demonstrate availability of sufficient funds to pay for tuition, fees and living expenses while attending Georgia Military College. The Declaration of Finances must be completed and submitted showing adequate financial support. The Declaration of Finances should be accompanied by a bank statement prepared within the last 3 months and must be in your name or the name of your sponsor. If a sponsor will provide your financial support, a statement must be provided by the sponsor indicating intent to provide your financial support while studying at Georgia Military College.
- Students wishing to attend the Milledgeville Campus as a commuter student should complete and submit the Commuter Student Declaration of Finances.
- Students wishing to attend the Milledgeville Campus as members of the Corps of Cadets (required for potential football athletes) should complete and submit the Cadet Student Declaration of Finances.
- Students wishing to attend the Augusta, Columbus, Fairburn, Warner Robins, or Valdosta Campus should submit the Distance Learning Center Declaration of Finances.